Corporate Business Innovations
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Associate, New Business Creations
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Sr Associate will work as an integral member of the New Business Creation team within GE Ventures. This position will play a key role working with NBC leadership in developing business models, evaluating and conducting diligence on investment and partnership opportunities and managing complex projects at various stages of maturity to help expand GE's presence in areas of strategic growth. Responsibilities include helping to bring entrepreneurial & innovative thinking and practices to GE.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with external and internal resources to determine new areas to explore and develop business opportunities
• Strategy development for new opportunities in growth areas
• Help drive communication and alignment of NBC initiatives across the organization
• Assist in the creation and execution of tactical plans for new business creation, including project management, diligence and business plan development. Reporting to senior management on above activities for portfolio reviews and/or investment committee, as well as on an as needed basis
• Perform financial analyses and modeling
• Manage relationships with external professional organizations and consultants
• Establishing ongoing, long-term peer relationships with customer and industry senior executives or, when needed, lead the resolution of concerns with collaborators.
• Supporting execution of New Business Creation events
• Responsible for GEV brand and reputation management throughout all interactions
• Representing GE in appropriate forums and be a spokesperson for the company on GE Ventures themes.
• Driving a high performance culture by fostering innovation, customer focus, personal accountability, commitment for results.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking, or business development/operational role at a start-up company
• Prior experience working in cross-business application or solution selling in a diverse set of processes
• Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping
• Experience managing large, complex, strategic collaborative relationships
• ~30% Travel to customer and internal meetings
• Must pass drug test
• Willing to submit to background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US
• MUST submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
• MUST have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• MUST be at least 18 years of age.
• MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
• MUST be willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience in the healthcare, software or energy industry
• MBA preferred
• CAS graduate
• Ability to see the "big picture" and communicate effectively using PowerPoint, Word and other presentation tools
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal communication presentation skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and their implications
• Ability to lead and participate in strategic discussions.
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external partners as part of a solutions-based process
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.