1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Risk Management
Senior Associate, Risk Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
The Retail Bank’s Consumer Risk Office is looking for a risk manager who will provide risk management support for the Consumer Product & Marketing team, specifically supporting Marketing Intent and Execution. The Risk Office is accountable to Consumer Leadership to negotiate optimal solutions to achieve business objectives and launch efforts in ways that are operationally sound and meet all regulatory requirements. This requires strong collaboration with Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, and other business partners to ensure business strategies and efforts are both compliant and well-managed.
Partner closely with Marketing business teams to enable strategies while protecting Bank reputation and our customers through the following:
- Risk Management:
- Support risk management across Marketing and contribute to assessments for Senior Management
- Identify and resolve risk events / issues impacting customers stemming from process breakdowns or other problems, developing permanent corrective actions
- Partner with Retail Banking groups to document policies, processes, standards, and procedures to facilitate/demonstrate compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation of risk management controls in GRC
- Implement new compliance or risk initiatives sponsored at a corporate or Retail Bank-level
- Coordinate business responses to internal audits and external exams
- Project/Process Assessments:
- Participate in Risk Assessments of new strategies and efforts for Risk and Regulatory Compliance and help develop right solutions
- Support teams through unstructured problems and manage change while demonstrating superior problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and executive presence
- Build strong cross functional partnerships within the Retail Bank and corporately
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Project Management or at least 1 year of experience in Risk Management or at least 1 year of experience in Compliance Management or at least 1 year of experience in Process Management
- 2 years of experience in Project Management or 2 years of experience in Risk Management or 2 years of experience in Compliance Management or Process Management
- 1 year of experience managing and implementing risk management controls in Governance Risk Compliance systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.