Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, HTS Assay Development to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas. Major activities include HTS assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop biochemical and cell-based assays that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening in 384 or 1536-well formats.
• Collaborate with automation colleagues to perform high-throughput screens.
• Analyze and publish screening data including presentations at program team meetings.
• Develop experimental approaches to hit triage including evaluation of new technologies.
• Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
• Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
• Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
• B.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, or related field with at least 9 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, or B.S. + M.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, or related field with at least 6 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required
• Experience with biochemical and/or cell-based assays is required
• Experience with luminescence, fluorescence, absorbance and/or radiometric detection is required
• Expertise with HTS automation is preferred
• Hit triage experience is preferred
• Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience and/or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
• Experience working with and guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred
• Excellent written communication, verbal communication and oral presentation skills are required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.