Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate will join an Oncology Translational Research Group to identify novel biomarkers that predict treatment responses, identify mechanisms of resistance and help understand mechanisms of action for the novel therapeutic regimens that are under development at Janssen. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical and clinical drug development. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently. Responsibilities include design and execution of experiments and critical analysis of data. Troubleshooting skills are essential. S/he will demonstrate urgency, be organized, have the ability to work well in a team setting and be sensitive to timelines. Additional responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate the ability to design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot and report complex data.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple experiments/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute on various projects outside of his/her own, and collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication (excellent presentation skills)
- BS with at least 10 years of experience OR a MS with at least 6 years of experience is required
- Experience in the cancer field is required
- Translational Research experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is required
- Ability to perform tissue culture is required
Cell/molecular biology skills are required - Transfections, IHC staining and imaging of TMAs and whole tissue sections, western blotting, siRNA/shRNA, qRT-PCR (including using Fluidigm Biomark platform), immunofluorescence, FACS and ELISA, next generation sequencing
Experience performing drug sensitivity assays is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function