Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Associate Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate for this position will lead and perform downstream process development for viral based products such as gene therapy and vaccines within the API-Large Molecule group in Spring House, PA. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading and participating in the design of experiments, executing the planned experiments, and optimizing purification process steps, and data analysis for early and late stage projects
Lead design and execution of the development studies to identify and determine process parameter ranges for purification process steps
Provide technical leadership to others and make decisions to set directon for the project
Take a lead role to transfer process from development to GMP clinical and commercial manufacturing
Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team, and also write technical documents
Work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives
- An MS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with at least 3 years of relevant experience OR a BS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with at least 5 years of relevant experience is required
- Broad knowledge in purification process development and hands-on experience in one or more of the purification process development steps – cell recovery, chromatography operations, and UF/DF is required
- Previous experience in scale-up and transfer of a purification process to clinical and commercial GMP manufacturing is required
- Familiarity with process development of viral based products is preferred
- Familiarity with and hands-on experience with analytical methods typically used in the manufacture and characterization of recombinant proteins is preferred
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic) is required
- The ability to report data, present findings to management is required
- Experience with team-based collaborations is required
- Occasional weekend work is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.