- Derive, challenge, and be able to speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements
- Proactively seek out and work to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted
- Work collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments
- Manage multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel- Understand, communicate, and challenge standards and processes where appropriate
- Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years' experience in IT enterprise/infrastructure architecture, engineering, operations, application development, or support
- Understand cloud methodologies and technologies and be able to design and implement in Amazon Web Services.
- History of communicating complex technical issues and concepts to different audiences and/or levels of company employees and adapting style and tone as required
- Experience negotiating, persuading, and driving issues to resolution. Builds support and agreement by engaging all interested parties and understanding their perspective(s)
- Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Experience building, nurturing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships within cross-functional teams.
- Actively prevents problems by anticipating the impact of decisions on customers and colleagues
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.