Prudential is seeking an IT desktop and application support engineer to provide support for a broad base of Prudential businesses. Candidate must have exceptional technical, communication and interpersonal skills. All technology related questions and issues from PC’s, Virtual desktops, managed print to mobile devices (iOS and Android) will be handled by the support engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide IT desktop support for the Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Mobile devices, Managed print end points and other emerging technologies.
- Work closely with internal support teams within central IT organization (GBTS) like Desktop, Network Operations, Voice technology, Technology Procurement and the Information Security Office (ISO).
- Provide backup support for GBTS Help Desk.
- Staff the GBTS tech café’s across Prudential sites.
- Provide support to remote sites via remote control tools as well as provide in home support when requested.
- Create and maintain automated utilities and processes including PC build automation and costumer facing request systems.
- Provide "Hot hands" for GBTS network operations, network engineering and voice operations teams.
- Support for Office 365 environment, including Outlook and Skype for business
- Essential training specific to Prudential's environment will be provided where necessary to supplement these skills.
- Provide IT expertise to business partners across a wide spectrum of IT areas.
- Additional ad-hoc projects - these might include coordinating with software development, quality assurance and IT integration teams to introduce new cutting edge hardware and software solutions.
- Set up of workstations, both physical and virtual for incoming groups of employees working on a variety of different Business unit platforms.
- Potential off hour, holiday and overtime work is required.
- 2 to 4 years desktop and application IT support experience.
- Strong knowledge of supporting both Windows desktops / laptops, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Apple products like Mac, iPhone and iPad as well as Android based mobile devices.
- Experience with Video Conferencing Technology is a plus.
- Experience in a managed print environment.
- Customer service experience and expertise is required.
- Basic networking knowledge. Network operations experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to partner effectively with colleagues across multiple business groups, corporate areas, as well as external partners.
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.