Senior associate, WFM Forecasting/Planning
Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Posted: April 05, 2017
Reference ID: P157948_S1
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
This position is responsible for providing call volume forecasting to credit card business lines. The candidate will be responsible for evaluating existing models as well as creating new ones in those areas. There will also be a heavy emphasis on providing analytic support to the work force management team to help drive key business decisions. This position must be located in Riverwoods, IL due to the level of interaction with headquarters-based business partners.
* Create algorithms and models, including but not limited to ARIMA, linear regression and other complex statistical methods, to forecast call volumes for inputting into IEX Total View. Meet call forecasting requirements with thirty-minute interval level accountability.
* Build and maintain relationships with all areas impacting call volume such as marketing, Discover Products, and Discover Bank. Adjust forecasts accordingly for new initiatives and assumptions.
* Complete ad-hoc analysis to understand call trending, forecast variance at different levels
* Serve as an ongoing resource for the long term forecasting to assist in strategic planning processes.
* Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes. Skills:
* Masters degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Business Administration, or other quantitative analysis degree is a must.
* 1+ years of professional experience with a strong background in data and financial analysis and statistical modeling.
* Strong SAS, SQL & Excel skills are required.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, present results clearly and precisely to management and business partners Desired Skills
* Knowledge with Compliance, Operation centers, Workforce management, Consumer behavior analytics a plus.
* Outstanding problems solving and decision making skills.
#LI-SN1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.