When you look at your career, you want to know that you’re making a difference. You want to go home every day proud of what you’ve done. At Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS), we’re with you! WFAS is a provider of independent, objective assurance and advisory services delivered through a highly professional and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit makes significant contributions to protecting the value of Wells Fargo’s corporate assets.
The Capital and Model Risk team is seeking a Senior Audit Manager to lead team members on their Capital team. Capital & Model Risk is a newly formed Audit team that centrally manages and executes a portfolio of capital (Basel & CCAR) and model related audits across Wells Fargo & Co. This position will lead a team of subject matter experts and auditors focused on the coverage the firm’s CCAR finance and PPNR processes. Scope of coverage will include line of business forecasting as well as corporate aggregation and reporting related to balances, net interest income, and non-interest income and expense. Additionally, this role will be a key member of the management team responsible for leading comprehensive coverage of capital at Wells Fargo, which includes Basel and CCAR.
The Senior Audit Manager on the Capital and Model Risk team will oversee approximately 10 team members executing risk-based, high quality audit coverage. They will provide guidance and oversight to ensure coverage is well planned, executed, and reported in accordance with WFAS methodology. They will also be accountable for management of issues to ensure timely resolution. They will work across WFAS teams and with senior level leaders within WFAS and our business lines building strong partnerships. The Capital Senior Audit Manager will also be expected to lead team members providing feedback, coaching, and development guidance.
SAM responsibilities will include the following:
- Sound decision making abilities and professional skepticism
- Ability to influence risk management practices
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment, leading a team of approximately 10 team members
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment characterized by constructive problem-solving, effective communications and mutual respect
- Being flexible to add projects or shift priorities readily and efficiently
- Leading and enthusiastically sharing the benefits of change initiatives
- Ensuring team delivers quality work on projects requiring a high level of detail
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong understanding of capital management, regulatory capital and reporting requirements (CCAR, DFAST, Basel) as well as associated regulatory compliance risks and programs is highly preferred.
- Proven leadership experience with multi-functional teams across multiple locations
- Proven leadership experience building highly talented individuals and teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Comprehensive knowledge of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial services industry and understanding of the regulatory landscape
- Good understanding of Institution of Internal Audit (IIA) standards, regulatory requirements, and industry guidelines
- Experienced in significant business change and ambiguity in a highly regulated environment
- Proven success leading large scale initiatives and change management processes
- Proven ability to establish positive relationships with key business partners, peers, and executives at all levels of the organization
- Holds or willing to obtain professional certifications and/or licenses within 12-18 months
- Proven experience supervising team members with technical background
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.