This position will lead an internal audit team accountable for performing audits across Corporate Credit, and coordinating credit risk audit coverage throughout Wells Fargo & Co. This position will be accountable for completing an annual audit plan, with the assistance of 8-12 direct reports, along with working with the other Senior Audit Managers to develop an independent overall assessment regarding credit risk management at Wells Fargo & Co. In this management role, you will help audit staff acquire technical/professional skills; establish/maintain relationships with key business partners and regulatory agencies; and develop strong partnerships with other managers within audit to ensure quality execution of auditing credit processes throughout Wells Fargo & Co. This will also include working with senior/executive management, employing critical judgment when assessing risks and challenging management when necessary.
Key job skills:
• Sound decision making abilities and professional skepticism.
• Ability to influence risk management practices.
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to contribute to a positive working environment characterized by constructive problem-solving, effective communications and mutual respect.
• Knowledge of business fundamentals across multiple businesses.
• Knowledge of the credit risk management framework and key credit risk management processes, including: credit policy administration, credit policy exceptions, portfolio management, allowance for credit loss, stress loss forecasting, credit risk data management, economic forecasting, and property valuation.
• Anticipate changes in the internal and external environment.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Prior experience managing, auditing, or examining credit risk management.
• Ability to effectively influence risk management practices and quickly react to changes in the regulatory environment.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.