Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Senior Manager, the Senior Auditor is responsible for performing internal audits that helps the business achieve its objectives (through risk mitigation and identifying value added process improvements). The role will conduct audits that are varied and complex in nature. The role requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility and ingenuity. The role also requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal). This position is located in Valley Forge, PA and both domestic and international travel maybe required (up to 20%). PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs audit related activities, including but not limited to: developing the engagement Risk Assessment, conducting the opening meeting, timely completing field work, and drafting the audit report.
2. Participates in planning the theory and scope of the audit; which includes identifying high risk areas and control test procedures.
3. Ensures audit fieldwork work and findings are adequately documented (& in compliance with IIA and departmental standards, with minimal supervision)
4. Prepares an audit report which effectively communicates the audit results, making necessary revisions in a timely manner.
5. Assists the Audit Manager with oral and written presentations to mid-level management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discusses deficiencies.
6. Works closely with the Internal Controls, Operations, Business and IT departments in resolving financial / operational control issues
7. Assists on other internal departmental projects, as assigned (i.e., major initiatives, internal audit related training
8. Coordinates multiple tasks; recommends improvements to departmental practices and processes Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. CPA, CIA, CISA or MBA with industry experience in public accounting. Experience working with ERP systems and proficiency with data analytic tools and methodology is beneficial. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of operational auditing, process flow reviews and trial balance audits
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently; self-starter
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.