The Senior Auditor plays an important role in Penske Truck Leasing's corporate governance, internal control structure, risk management analysis, and financial reporting process. The Senior Auditor plans, designs and conducts PTL and PL audits and re views to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls. Leads audit staff in performing a mix of operational and financial audits, management reviews, SOX & SSAE-16 work, and special projects.
This exciting position a result of another Promotion is located at our Corporate offices in a country and suburban setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
- Leads audits and applies knowledge of accounting principles and audit standards to audit initiatives.
- Supervises staff auditor assignments and coordinate audit processes.
- Conducts and supports year-end financial statement analysis and external auditor efforts.
- Performs reviews for Sarbanes-Oxley, SSAE-16, and fraud investigations.
- Uses diplomatic communications skills and transfers subject matter knowledge to others throughout the organization.
- Ensures audit plan execution and leads evaluation of audit findings, and report preparation.
- Oversees job administration of project setup, report writing, engagement documentation, periodic status reporting, etc.
- Performs individual job requirements using technology tools and resources (i.e. ACL, AS400, Query, Access DB, Support Central, and Savvion).
- Develops assigned staff professionally, to assist or serve as the "in-charge" for multiple and/or complex reviews.
- Leads and/ or participates in other projects as assigned by management.
Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree in Finance / Accounting required
- Four plus years of financial auditing experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills required
- Working knowledge of Accounting Principle theory (GAAP) required
- Proficiency in the use of Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint required
- Microsoft Access experience a plus
- Works well in a team setting and independently
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills
- Effective organization skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong desire to learn and grow with the Company
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
People living in or near these PA locations in the Reading area have found our opportunities of interest. Wyomissing, Kutztown, Hamburg, Pottstown, Lebanon, Quakertown, Exton, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Breinigsville, Fogelsville, Manheim, Lancaster, King of Prussia, Millersville, Palmyra, Mt Joy, East Norriton, Bethlehem, Montgomeryville, North Wales, Wilmington, Media, Ft Washington, Horsham, Phillipsburg NJ, Harrisburg, York, Mendenhall, Philadelphia.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.