McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Our internal Audit team is looking for a Senior Auditor with dynamic skills both to manage projects as well as communicate complicated issues and analytics to diverse audiences with respect to varied comprehensive skills and knowledge base.
Your successful candidacy will be dependent upon your ability to communicate the value you will add to the McKesson team as well as how your experience and education will enhance the McKesson community as a whole and on a team level.Position Description
- Conduct internal financial, operational, and compliance
- Must be able to plan, execute, deliver and effectively
collaborate on integrated audits with IT audit team.
- Prepare audit plans and understands the specific issues to
- Ensure that audit issues and associated root causes are
understood, well defined and presented to audit and client management
- Assist in the development of formal written reports to communicate
audit results to management, and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Execute internal audits of established business processes
- Audit the financial, operational, and system processes for
information accuracy and completeness.
- Acts as liaison between the department and key business
partners/business executives in the development and execution of the audit
- Ensure audit issues presented are appropriately reviewed
with the auditee for accuracy and completeness
- Utilize problem solving skills to add value to areas
- Develop formal written reports to effectively communicate
audit results and recommendations to management.
- Facilitate obtaining action plans for issues noted
- Lead post engagement issue follow up and resolution
- Support other department initiatives and deliverables as
8+ years of operational or financial audit experience, or other related experienceCritical Skills
- 2+ years of audit
experience or 3+ equivalent years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Big 4 audit capacity
or experience within the healthcare industry is a plus
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word (for correspondence), PowerPoint
(for presentations), Access (for an understanding of mass database
functionality, and Excel (using pivot charts, tables, v-lookups and mass data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong staff management skills
- Local candidates preferred as relocation
assistance not available.
4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experienceCertifications/Licensure
- Candidates with Certified Public Account (CPA)
and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designations are highly desired.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time for the job duties. This is an in-office position in Carrollton Texas and will require frequent travel. It is not a telecommute position.
- General office demands.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.