Our Crowe Horwath Chicago and Oak Brook offices are growing! Not only are we the 6th largest accounting firm in Chicago, we're also the highest ranked public accounting firm to make Fortune's Best Workplaces List in Chicago. We’re looking for future leaders, which means a Partner career path for you.
How does Financial Services demonstrate the firm's Deep Specialization? Financial Services is ranked #1 nationally for the number of audits for publicly traded financial institutions, according to SNL data.
As a Senior Auditor on our fun, close-knit Financial Services audit team, this is what part of your work entails:
- Your primary focus will be on financial services clients.
- Running the show. We’re talking client engagements from start to finish. This includes all aspects of financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement and related administrative functions.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring staff and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; performing in-charge role, which will help sharpen your leadership skills.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services (a key ingredient to growing our firm).
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information.
- Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting external audits.
- Your background should have experience in financial institutions or financial services external audit of both public and private companies or financial institutions regulatory experience.
- Having SEC public company experience would put you at an advantage over other candidates.
- We would like for you to have experience with engagement management, audit, and review skills and staff supervision.
- You will need to be able to multi-task since planning, executing, and wrapping up various engagements may have to be performed concurrently.
- Your ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential.
- Since you will interact with clients regularly, it is important to have exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- We require strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- You must meet the education requirement for CPA certification in Illinois. If you already have a CPA license in Illinois, that’s even better.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
For this specific opportunity, we are seeking talented professionals for full-time or seasonal work arrangement options. You can work on all aspects of engagements, participate in continuing education and continue to get the necessary on-the-job training to grow professionally. Seasonal work arrangement can be tailored to match the demands of client service with the desire you may have for a lower total overall work schedule.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Now you may have some thoughts. For example:
“My daily commute is adding dark circles to my eyes.” Check out our Where to Work policy:
“I’m running out of clean business attire.” Perhaps our What to Wear policy can help:
“I’m not familiar with Crowe’s culture.” These recognitions speak for themselves:
Want an awesome work culture, growth with an innovative firm, and engaging work? Apply today!
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.