At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. This role is part of Global Finance and Investments Audit (GFIA) within MetLife’s Internal Audit Department. Internal Audit serves as the 3rd line of defense to provide assurance that MetLife’s internal controls are both designed and operating effectively. Internal Audit provides value to management through both its assurance and consulting activities.
United States : Florida : Tampa
- Ensures all business risks are identified and appropriately mitigated before they can adversely affect the Company.
- Reviews business processes and financial practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant and best practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy.
- Prepares reports of audit findings for senior management, and proposes recommendations for changes as needed.
- Participates consultatively in implementing changes to systems and processes that affect the Company.
- Conducts audits of specialized areas, such as insurance, financial products and services, investment portfolios, investment accounting and reporting, actuarial, or international operations, requiring specific knowledge pertaining to policies or regulations governing the areas being audited.
- Conducts audits to assess the soundness, adequacy, compliance, and cost-effectiveness of the enterprise operational, financial, and information systems' controls.
- Prepares audit reports on control issues and other findings to senior management.
- May assist clients in developing action plans to resolve audit issues; may assist audit management in communicating findings to business clients; performs remediation testing for the purpose of closing open audit issues; maintains a positive working relationship with auditees and team members; maintains an ongoing relationship with key business contacts.
- Performs Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) testing including conducting process walkthroughs and re-performance of key controls to ensure that controls are properly designed and operating effectively.
- Properly documents SOX test results.
- Responsible for assisting the External Auditors with substantive testing and documentation of test results.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Occasional supervisory responsibilities related to overseeing the work of other team members.
- 3-5 years of auditing experience, preferably with one of the Big Four public accounting firms.
- Possess intermediate-level understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA standards, accounting and auditing sampling and testing methodologies, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, risk management, and SEC and statutory reporting, and the financial services industry.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MACC / MBA degree
- CPA / CIA
- Knowledge of Investment Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop.
Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 – 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Internal Use Only: 10M