At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Senior Auditor position will provide audit coverage of the Investment processes. The successful candidate will be based in Morristown, NJ or Bridgewater, NJ with commuting to Morristown frequently, and will be part of the team which primarily executes the global audit plan for the Investment Function.
Alternative Job Location
- The Individual will assist in the development and execution of all audit activities. This will include assisting in the planning, execution of fieldwork, drafting audit issue memorandums and reports, and participating in testing of key annual controls and call management program to provide an independent and objective assessment of the risk management practices of the Company’s Investment function and related activities.
- The incumbent will also have the opportunity to support the execution of audits in other areas including Treasury and Global Risk. Additionally, the incumbent will also have the opportunity for supporting the execution of multiple audit functions within the department through integrated audits.
- Contribute to the direction and focus of the Internal Audit team's activities through active engagement in risk assessment, audit planning, testing of key annual controls and call management program related to the Investments function.
- Assists in reviewing the Investment process to assess the adequacy and robustness of controls within the Investments function in comparison to leading practices. Investments asset classes include Fixed Income, Equities, Commercial and residential mortgage loans, real estate, derivatives, alternative investments, third party asset management and structured products.
- Follow up on reported issues to ensure timely implementation of remedial action plan that resolves the audit findings on processes, risks and controls. Risks include credit, market, financial, operational and compliance.
- Assist the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their role as an advisor and technical resource for the Investments audit team on audit activities. Together with the SME, disseminate best practices; regulatory requirements; and assist the SME in assessing the impact of evolving industry and regulatory changes on the business and its control environment.
- Assist the SME in implementing and executing an effective program of continuous monitoring (call management program) for assigned areas. This includes monitoring of key metrics as appropriate to identify control issues and adverse trends in the control environment and keeping abreast of key initiatives and pertinent industry and regulatory developments.
- Assist SME in assessing inherent, control and residual risks related to the Investment function.
- Assist in preparing high quality audit deliverables including planning memoranda, audit programs, working papers, and drafts of audit issues.
- May participate in and/or manage projects independently.
- Assist in identifying and assessing the impact of control deficiencies; recommending appropriate remedial solutions/action plans in consultation with clients.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and departmental standards, budgets, and timelines.
- Maintain awareness of economic, regulatory, and business risks and issues.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders and colleagues, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value, effective teamwork and innovative thinking.
- Together with the SME, research relevant Insurance, regulation, reporting, and operational topics.
- Maintain technical subject matter internal audit competency through ongoing professional development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant business experience in the financial services sector, preferably within Audit or risk and control functions preferred
- Working towards CPA, CIA, or CFA preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of auditing the Investment function preferred.
- Understanding of internal control and risk assessment concepts applicable to Investment activities and strong analytical skills to assess the impact of control weaknesses.
- Strong execution skills, ability to work independently with limited supervision and multi-task. Works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues. Ability to create strong stakeholder relationships that promote transparency and open dialogue around control issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to assist the SME in presenting complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner.
- Ability to prioritize, adapt to a changing environment, and assist in timely delivery of a high quality product. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure.
- Seeks ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of work performed. Willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
- Possesses intermediate-level understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA standards, accounting and auditing sampling and testing methodologies, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, risk management, Compliance and SEC and statutory reporting; also intermediate-level understanding of the financial services industry and investments.
- Possesses good project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening and interviewing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or another applicable field
Up to 25%
Internal Audit - Corporate Services Audit - Investment Audit
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.