Participate on large-scale engagements of company activities under the supervision of Director - Internal Audit. Assist in the design and drive the execution of key areas of each audit engagement, while assisting more junior members of the team where appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management, explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results to all levels of management. Stay abreast of company business strategies, industry advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach. Responsibilities
- Participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member on large, complex projects.
- Lead the execution of specific areas of a project, supervising other team members and providing coaching where requested.
- Act as the in-charge for selected audit projects, conducting the audit planning, overseeing the execution of the audit, and leading closing activities. Supervision includes assessing project status and results and overseeing timely completion, including work paper review and report preparation.
- Promote enhancement of auditor judgment through targeted feedback that drives directly to business control risks.
- Provide reports to managers on the effectiveness of their business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
- Assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the company. Assist business partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on relevant weaknesses noted within audit reports.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Assist audit management with macro reporting by providing data relevant to audit findings.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills and demonstrate these skills during the audit process to the appropriate level of Visa and Audit management. Ideas should be expressed clearly and concisely.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements. Demonstrate commitment to Visa's and Internal Audit's strategic vision, be a self-starter, and promote project ownership and responsibility for actions.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals. Demonstrate ability to resolve team conflicts and to bring the group together to enhance project results through group planning, feedback and development skills.
About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management information systems or related fields.
- 6-8 years of internal audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution or consulting firm experience.
- CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant professional certifications highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience executing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10% - 25%.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.