Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Automation Engineer to be located in Lititz, PA.
The Senior Automation Engineer will:
- Be involved in application administration, programming, and analytical problem solving. This role must interface effectively with IT, QA, other Engineers, and business clients.
- Apply extensive and diversified knowledge of automation and electronic principles & practices plant-wide.
Make decisions regarding engineering problems and methods and represents the company in conferences to solve problems and to plan and coordinate work.
- Be responsible for the engineering and quality assurance of part of a major project or for a complete small project
- Provide technical assistance and expertise to Operations and/or Manufacturing Departments considering the implementation of an integrated or automated factory floor system
- Provide technical expertise to each Process Engineer/staff to help determine a standard and strategic approach to any factory floor automation initiative
- Provide technical support required by Engineering to fully and efficiently integrate the site's floor systems
- Assist users in developing operating procedures and user manuals and assists in training sessions on the functions and operations of various systems
- Assist Project Managers in determining proper methods for phase-in and phase-out of a floor system
- Will provide technical expertise and support for existing integrated floor systems or any other floor system not supported by Engineering
- Work with Information Technology, Quality Assurance, and Validation to implement new applications or controlled changes to existing applications in accordance with FDA and cGMP requirements and develops a thorough understanding of current and pending regulations and their impact on our applications
- Ensure that applications are consistent with the Electronic Records & Signature regulation requirements for audit trails, security, backup, and retention
- Assist in the development and execution of test plans, IQ, OQ, and PQ validation protocols for new or upgraded integrated factory floor systems
- Assist in the annual capital and departmental budgeting process; assists in the annual project planning and prioritization process
- Help with the identification, evaluation, selection, and implementation of third-party systems
- Participate in vendor selection and evaluation
- Write and or Execute Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) as required
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and a minimum of 6 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in Applications Development and/or manufacturing floor systems implementation within a GMP regulated environment is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven project management experience is required
- Prior experience leading or managing cross functional teams is required
- Thorough working knowledge of structured methodologies for software engineering, applications, and manufacturing systems such as PLC (Allen-Bradley and ELAU family) controllers and interfaces is required. Prior experience programming and troubleshooting SCADA applications for such platforms as Wonderware's System Platform is required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL is required
- Previous experience with MES software systems interfacing to enterprise software packages such as SAP is preferred
- Prior experience ensuring that applications are consistent with the Electronic Records & Signature regulation requirements for audit trails, security, backup, and retention is preferred
- Prior experience in the development and execution of test plans, IQ, OQ, and PQ validation protocols for new or upgraded integrated factory floor systems is preferred
- Experience assisting in the annual capital and departmental budgeting process is preferred
- Experience assisting in the annual project planning and prioritization process
- Prior experience assisting in the identification, evaluation, selection, and implementation of third-party systems is preferred
- Prior participation in vendor selection and evaluation is preferred; Experience verifying computer systems are developed and implemented in compliance with Company policies and procedures, FDA regulations, cGMPs, and are validated as necessary is preferred
- This position is based in Lititz, PA and requires up to 10% travel
- This position requires on call support that rotates between the automation team but is 24-7 when on call
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID