About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
• The mission of Automation is to provide highly effective automation, manufacturing workflow solutions, and information collection and reporting for the company - Meridian Medical Technologies St. Louis facilities.
• Provide technical expertise required to achieve and sustain optimum reliability, maintainability, useful life, and life cycle cost for all facilities, manufacturing, utilities and process systems/assets.
• Develop, refine, and perform backup, restore, and disaster recovery automation engineering solutions.
• Provide automation troubleshooting expertise/guidance for corrective maintenance activities.
• Ensures project engineering and qualification strategies/programs are aligned with supporting site's overall Asset Improvement strategies for supporting the customer base.
• Perform equipment evaluations and troubleshoot where necessary. Troubleshooting may require both mechanical and automated system evaluations.
• Perform periodic software system backups, security (password) updates, and maintain the Automation Archives.
• The incumbent prioritizes activities based on the criticality of systems to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
• Acts as Automation's single point of contact for their assigned area of responsibility. Provides technical leadership and guidance to site operating groups through investigations, equipment assessments, design support and troubleshooting activities.
• Collaborate with managers within Asset Improvement & Compliance group to ensure the mission, objectives, and strategies are executed consistently and to the fullest extent to support the site as intended and outlined in service level agreements with the varies customer groups.
Minimum- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Computer Engineering.
Minimum- 5 to 10 years of experience in Engineering, Maintenance, Facilities, or Utilities
Required - 2 years plus industrial automation experience; must have detailed knowledge of programming: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and/or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
Preferred - Demonstrated knowledge in any of the following technology areas: Automated Filling, Automated Inspection, Automated Packaging, or Qualified Utilities.
Preferred - Experience working in a highly regulated cGMP environment (e.g. pharmaceuticals, medical devices.)
Preferred - Training on software by Rockwell Automation or Siemens.
• Climbing ladders- if engineering trouble-shooting is required
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
It is a position requirement that on occasion the colleague works weekends, off shift and holidays. Must be willing and able to work beyond the hours typically defined as a "regular" workday.
Position requires regular onsite attendance - this position cannot be performed on a remote or telecommute basis on a temporary, short or long term basis.
Must have the ability to simultaneously multi-task across multiple capabilities and functions and handle multiple competing priorities and requirements, including performing site and functional responsibilities, responding to frequent e-mail and phone communications and attending multiple meetings and conference calls. Note that these activities may not be time bound to core hours or presence at the site.
Must have the ability to work effectively under and manage to strict production, time and performance deadlines.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
This job is open only to Lawful Permanent Residents (as defined by 8 U.S.C. •1101(a)(20)), or Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. •1324b(a)(3), namely, U.S. Citizens, Refugees, and Asylees.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.