Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Automation Test Engineer
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. Are you inspired by leading test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives? Are you ready to work in an organization that rewards excellence?
As a Senior Automation Test Engineer, at Capital One, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the industry in developing test automation API scenarios. Successful candidates will be an expert on infrastructure components, and will have hands-on experience testing APIs using QA technologies with responsibility for overall functional, integration, and regression of automated software components. You will own end-to-end (define, code and maintain) software components from inception to production and provide technical mentoring to other test engineers.
- Adherence to quality standards in development, testing and business processes
- Analyze product requirements with members of the project/product delivery team and devise the testing strategy; aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing
- Writing quality scripts for testing automation and execution, utilizing automated testing tools
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services; Own quality of project/service delivery
- Identifying gaps and implement improvements, which may require deep technical and analytical abilities (ingenuity and creativity)
- Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure quality of project/service delivery testing
- Actively mentoring QE peers, to develop and elevate the automation skills within the team
- Advocate / Evangelize quality delivery; Presentations across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of QA Engineering experience
- Master’s degree or military experience
- 8+ years of QA Engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience developing test automation (frameworks or testing), for functionality, performance, security, regression testing
- 3+ years of experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban)
- 3+ years of experience with ATDD or CICD technologies (GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, and Nexus)
- 3+ years of experience testing RESTful APIs using Soap UI (Ready API) or Postman
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby and JUnit
- 2+ year of experience in Cucumber and JSON, XML, JIRA, Splunk, AWS, and JMeter
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.