Looking for DevOps Continuous Testing Manager to work in Point of Sale (POS) group to manage test automation for mission critical applications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide application test automation strategy and manage team of automation developers and testers for various POS applications and projects.
- Work closely with other Verizon teams like development, business analyst and marketing to review the designs of systems, implement test plans and test the quality of POS suite of applications.
- Lead all POS projects and provide guidance to staff members on quality aspects.
- Create and manage test scripts to be run through UFT, Selenium and other DevOps oriented tools, conduct detailed analysis of results develop and control the centralized testing library of test scripts.
- Analyze business processes, requirements, test data needs and user experience aspects.
- Develop Test Plans, Cases, and Scripts to support Verizon IT DevOps vision and strategy.
- Continuous Test executions according to release demands.
- Report and escalate issues according to project and release risks.
- Create and communicate test metrics and status reports and attend status meetings.
- Write automated test scripts based on documented manual tests.
- Execute automated test tools like Selenium, Appium, UFT and other DevOps oriented testing tools on mobile and web applications.
- Develop and provide user training for Quality Center Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects, Management, Dashboard, etc.
- Train other testing tool users on functionality and oversee use to ensure consistency.
- Drive best practices to adopt Cloud technologies.
- Perform technical evaluation of tools and products and communicate with end user support teams regarding POS application issues and software defects.
- Troubleshoot complex development and production application problems and provide technical and production support on an on-call basis by profiling the POS applications.
- Other projects and assignments as designated by management.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Three or more years of experience in managing medium to large projects and teams including team lead experience.
- Four or more years of experience with test automation tools like Selenium and/or UFT.
- Three or more years of experience in using Unix, and Shell scripts.
- Three or more years of experience with automation framework and techniques specific to web and mobile application testing.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Strong decision making and leadership abilities, strong organizational and problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong interpersonal/ verbal communication skills and strong writing ability.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Good understanding of Operating Systems, Networks, hardware and common Performance related issues.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.