Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Balance of Plant Mechanical Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In a dynamic team environment, the Senior Balance of Plant Mechanical Engineer will own the definition, delivery, and support of critical Combined Cycle (CC) BOP plant components associated with the operation of the power island for extended scope projects globally.
As the Senior Balance of Plant Mechanical Engineer, you will:
* Lead role to execute equipment sizing calculations and development of procurement specification for various CC BOP plant components including but not limited to critical control valves, bypass systems, and terminal attemperators
* Technical evaluation of supplier proposals, component designs, and conformance to procurement specification and design basis
* OTR execution of orders including review of supplier component / outline drawings along with component functional capabilities in support of component design and delivery
* Identify and manage technical risk. Lead resolution of technical issues
* Maintain budget and schedule awareness throughout the project
* Support construction and commissioning activities to achieve aggressive project schedules
* Inspect equipment and perform design reviews at supplier or Customer sites, as required
* Research and understand Customer needs, market forces, competitive situation and governmental policies; factoring findings into component designs
* Support initiatives related to design basis development
* Standardize and maintain templates for BOP component specifications
* Extensive interface and coordination with Customers, Partners, EPCs, suppliers, and internal GE functions; Sourcing, Drafting, Plant Engineering, and Project Management
* Work closely with Sourcing to ensure cost effective solutions and support component cost reduction initiatives
* Assist Sourcing in the development of new suppliers
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical degree
* Minimum of 8 years of applicable power plant or equipment design experience or in a related engineering disciplineELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to travel internationally to support Customer, Partner, and EPC meetings and to support commissioning activities, as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with power plant operational requirements
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with external Customers
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to work successfully in a matrix environment
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Global projects experience
* Direct field experience at either power plant, major supplier, EPC or Customer
* Professional Engineering License
* Plant layout experience
* GE Six Sigma Program certified Black Belt with DFSS training or equivalent Quality training
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.