Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Currently, Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA) is seeking a Senior Benefits Manager .
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Manages an integrated shared service model which includes benefit administration as well as an internal and outsourced call center. Provide leadership and direction to operations and specialists including creating and communicating vision, strategic direction and high standards of excellence.
- Provides knowledge and support of the company Benefit plans in areas such as M&A activity/analysis and rate cases. Partner with brokers/consultants on national benefits negotiations. Lead HR cyclical processes including benefits open enrollment.
- Ensures a positive internal and external working relationship with customers of the HR Services model and key stakeholders.
- Fosters a working environment that is energizing, motivating and contributes to the positive engagement of the team and the employee experience. Communicate priorities, address challenges, actively engage in problem/conflict resolution, coach and develop team.
- Leads the development, delivery and monitoring of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within the organization. Ensure team has a deep understanding of business needs and goals and the delivery link with the SLAs.
- Manage wellness program across shared service participants across Panasonic North America.
- Manages vendor relationships, consultants and related contracts to ensure Panasonic is receiving high quality of services to support our business. Ensure vendors are adhering to best practices and SLAs. Understand the correlation between service levels, quality and cost; act as change agent for ensuring the appropriate balance.
- Ensures all plans, programs and processes comply with applicable governmental laws and regulations. Manage related policies to provide consistency of application, quality assurance and best practices. Create and manage a program to conduct regular vendor and plan audits as applicable.
- Uses surveys and other sources of information for evaluating programs.
- Ensures efficiency, productivity, quality as well as continuous training and process improvement. What You’ll Bring:
Experience / Education
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience with Health & Welfare plans in a large company environment and similar experience managing a range of HR operations in a shared services environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Managing wellness programs across multiple locations and affiliate companies.
- Demonstrated and significant experience with complex and multi-tiered health and welfare plan administration.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple teams, projects and processes (simultaneously in some cases), with a strong results and goals orientation. Six Sigma certification preferred.
Knowledge / Skills
- Current knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations, affecting employers and employees including, but not limited to IRS codes, DOL, Pension Protection Act (PPA), Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, and FMLA.
- Budget, vendor and contract management responsibilities.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for excellence and customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Miscellaneous
- Domestic Business Travel - up to 20% To Sum It Up:
The Manager, Benefits Administration has end-to-end accountability for managing Panasonic Corporation of North America’s (PNA) health and welfare plans and to design, develop and deploy top tier benefit services across the organization. This role provides experienced leadership, direction and prioritization for all related plans, programs, process and services including benefit administration, third party administration/outsourcing, vendor management, case management, reporting, measurement, and overall employee experience related to health and welfare plans.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.