Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Environments Data Services is a global team that focuses on providing 24/7 operational support for our customer environments, as well as uptaking new technologies and services and ensuring successful deployment to these live environments. We are looking for a Senior Hadoop Administrator to help us develop, design and improve our Big Data farm.
Specifically you will:
- Provide support for large scale Hadoop clusters across production and development environments
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues
- Focus on automation to improve availability and scalability in our production environments
- Help architect existing and new services in our production environments
- Manage replication links between clusters to maintain high availability
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with multiple teams across different timezones
- You love to be challenged and like working in high pressure situations. If the game is on the line you want the last shot
- You have exceptional communication skills and work well in a team environment where the goal is to spread knowledge
You should have:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with large-scale high-performance distributed systems like Hadoop, NoSQL or Spark
- Fluency in Python, Perl, Ruby and other languages
- Working understanding with CentOS
- Experience administering MySQL Server would be a plus
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.