Senior Big Data Administrator - Hadoop
Location: Pleasanton, California
Posted: December 22, 2017
Reference ID: JR-23660
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Environments Data Services is a global team that focuses on providing 24/7 operational support for our customer environments, as well as uptaking new technologies and services and ensuring successful deployment to these live environments. We are looking for a Senior Hadoop Administrator to help us develop, design and improve our Big Data farm.
Specifically you will:
- Provide support for large scale Hadoop clusters across production and development environments
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues
- Focus on automation to improve availability and scalability in our production environments
- Help architect existing and new services in our production environments
- Manage replication links between clusters to maintain high availability
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with multiple teams across different timezones
- You love to be challenged and like working in high pressure situations. If the game is on the line you want the last shot
- You have exceptional communication skills and work well in a team environment where the goal is to spread knowledge
You should have:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with large-scale high-performance distributed systems like Hadoop, NoSQL or Spark
- Fluency in Python, Perl, Ruby and other languages
- Working understanding with CentOS
- Experience administering MySQL Server would be a plus