Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Join our Big Data Engineering team where we're cutting-edge technologies to solve large-scale challenges. Our Big Data ecosystem consists of tools including, but not limited to: Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper, Kafka, Storm, and Sqoop. You'll be responsible for leading development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the applications. You'll also participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
6 years of related experience SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of hands on experience and strong and deep knowledge of Java application development
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data. MapReduce experience is a huge plus.
- Experience building and coding applications leveraging Hadoop Components: HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Storm etc
- Experience coding in more than one of the following: Java, MapReduce, Python, Pig Programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Agile/scrum experience
- Experience leading and managing large scale, complex applications with high performance needs
- Vendor management experience leveraging staff augmentation and/or outcome based project delivery models; statement of work planning and incremental demand forecasting
- Experience managing on-site and off-site staff and demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence others to ensure timely and effective completion of project tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.