CVS Health/minute clinic is dedicated to helping people on their path to better health as part of the largest integrated pharmacy company in the United States. Through the company's more than 7,600 CVS/pharmacy stores; its leading pharmacy benefit manager serving more than 60 million plan members; and its retail health clinic system, the largest in the nation with more than 970 MinuteClinic locations, it is a market leader in mail order, retail and specialty pharmacy, retail clinics, and Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. As a pharmacy innovation company with an unmatched breadth of capabilities, CVS Health continually strives to improve health and lower costs by developing new approaches.
The Senior Billing Specialist will be responsible for:
- Managing a high volume of medical claims mainly related to overpayments received by insurance companies to ensure timely and accurate funds are returned to the payer.
- Refute or comply to payer denials or retraction requests through accurate review, correction, and resubmission of medical claims
- Provide representation when needed of the Accounts Receivable area to internal dept.’s as well as external dept.’s, clients, vendors and processors to clearly relay situational occurrences and provide support when needed-
- The account receivable associate will be responsible for identifying and quantifying trends/issues, developing potential solutions and then effectively communicate them to the appropriate members of the management team along with what the potential impact could be.
- Effectively prioritize and manage outstanding refund requests and overpayments to support contract and legal adherence with all payers including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Identify and implement process efficiencies across the dept. including automation opportunities or workflow enhancement opportunities to reduce manual efforts and improve productivity and overall
- Recognize and Identify coding deficiencies and exercise the appropriate action based upon compliance and CMS regulations
- Identify key stake holders or primary contacts within payer communities to drive more effective processes to return funds to payers- The associate must have a clear understanding of the intricacies of medical billing encountered in such areas like ambulatory care, physician/provider offices, or professional billing settings. In addition, a clear understanding of CPT, ICD-9/10, CMS 1500 claim formatting, as well as, familiarity with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transmission, Electronic Health Record or encounter charge creation is key to success in this position.
- Knowledge of national HIPPA, PHI, and other regulatory requirements to help ensure compliance when working claims data is important.
If this background describes you, you are interested in working for a fortune 10 healthcare organization, and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once we encourage you to apply.Required Qualifications- Minimum of 2 years of Medical Billing Experience or health plan claims adjudication experience.Preferred Qualifications- 3 or more years of Medical Billing experience or health plan claims adjudication experience.
- Technical Certificate in Medical Billing.
- Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Time management skills.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Athena Practice Management experience.Education- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED required.Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/