Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Biostatistician, Clinical Biostatistics. The preferred location for this position is Titusville, NJ. Consideration may be given to Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Biostatistician will be supporting the neuroscience area with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease and mood disorders.
- Provide statistical input into the clinical development of drugs for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and mental health.
- Work with the clinical team in designing clinical studies, leading/authoring the statistical analysis plan.
- Ensure accuracy and facilitates the implementation of statistical analyses.
- Provide statistical input to the clinical study report.
- Perform statistical functions for submission related activities.
- Providing input in the preparation of scientific presentations and manuscripts.
- Participate in process improvement, training, standards development and enhancing statistical technical expertise.
- Interface with Biostatistics staff, clinical teams, and associated working groups.
- Be involved in communication with clinical therapeutic area members, SAS programming, clinical data management, clinical trials management, regulatory affairs, clinical communications, clinical pharmacology, medical writing, and quality management.
- Work with external partners including key opinion leaders in the neuroscience area, may work with external regulatory agencies and advisory committees, and contract research organizations.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Statistics (or Computer Science or Mathematics with pharmaceutical experience) with 4+ years of experience or a PhD in Statistics or related field with at least 2+ years of experience is required.
- Knowledge of SAS programming and at least some other significant statistics software (e.g., R, S-Plus, PASS) is required.
- Experience with clinical trials and knowledge of regulatory guidance are required.
- Neuroscience industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and ability to work within a team and work independently are required.
- Other important requirements include: interdependent partnering; building strategic working relationships; mastering complexity; and good decision making capability.
Travel up to 10% may be required.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.