TRESemmé is one of the fastest growing brands in the Hair Care category globally and remains of strategic priority for Unilever to continue to drive. The brand is on a mission to become the #1 HC brand in the US – the largest of all global haircare markets.
This market leadership goal is backed by the company’s commitment to invest, innovate and resource to win via C4G.
Simply put, for the brand team the agenda is ambitious, the stakes high and the work/results highly visible.
This team is seeking an experienced, dynamic, strategic thought leader who is
- Able to operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Effective at developing teams and direct reports
- Skilled at managing within matrix of stakeholders
- Curious and Creative
- Comfortable with demanding pace and dynamic decision making
- A passionate team player
- Motivated to win
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Global Brand Director and US Brand Team to deliver growth goals/JTBDs
- Champion funnel and development of the 20% mix for the US market
- Create winning communications for US – News and Core
- Docking lead partner with Canadian Brand Team (#4 TRES market globally)
- New York Fashion Week including new global asset development
- USLP Lead for US
This person will play a key leadership role within the following areas:
- Lead Project E for North America – packaging restage 3D/2D premium & base W&C as well as Styling
- Develop effective winning communications for US market – under new campaign “Work It”
- Oversee the global IBC process; final assets and mix deliverables on projects
- Deliver all GBD responsibilities (BET, Trade Stories, etc) OTIF
- Manage global brand equity via strategic/IBC input and leveraging of key partnerships
- Brand/Region representative and advocate for Global IPT and GCLT
- Strategic architect of USLP and deployment for US
- NYFW leadership team
- 5 yrs experience in Marketing (Hair or brand development experience a plus)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Innovation and Packaging development (project management and leading agencies)
- Demonstrated ability to understand a consumer target and position a brand, project, innovation around consumer insights
- Experience leading agencies and teams (esp. writing insightful briefs that lead to great consumer relevant work)
- Solid demonstration of successful business results
- Ability to lead large cross functional teams, across the world and working with and influencing multiple stakeholders
- Communications development brief to post
- Developed business cases
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: Growth Mindset, Leadership, Creativity, Obsession with brands and consumers and appreciation for/ experience in beauty categories
- Ability to successfully navigate within a complex, matrix structure organization to achieve business goals
- External orientation – desire to track trends, be on top of competitive activity, team leadership, team commitment, influencing others
- Creative thinking. A restlessness to challenge the norm – to surprise & delight our consumer and deliver new solutions
- Bias for action – hair category is a very fast paced category – someone who revels in the rapid pace of innovation and action
- An independent worker and self-starter always striving to go the extra mile to deliver excellent performance
- Strong interpersonal skills. Capable to build strong relations across functions and with the global team
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .