The Requirements Team in Product Development is responsible for the development and successful implementation of business requirements for individual life insurance products within the Product Development Process (PDP). This position provides a great entry level opportunity for working with the development of individual life insurance products and seeing how they are administered and serviced. This position may report to a Manager or Director within the Requirements Team. Specific responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Delivery of product documentation for the Individual Life Insurance product portfolio.
- Development or maintenance of product business rules tables on Prudential’s individual life products platforms.
- Develop business requirements related to product development or other projects.
- Define acceptance criteria for measuring the successful implementation of any projects for which the associate is responsible.
- Conduct test sampling to validate acceptance criteria, and verify that requirements are being met in development.
- Work with business and systems partners to analyze and resolve problems with business processing discovered in production or in test environments.
- An ability to quickly learn and apply acquired knowledge essential to the position
- Individual life insurance products, particularly with respect to product features and mechanics
- Business platforms (rules and processes) that support administration and service of individual life insurance products
- The various business functions that support the administration and service of those products, e.g. pricing, new business, operations, compensation, and other function
- Strong math skills, as well as strong research, analysis and problem solving skills; should demonstrate an ability to develop effective solutions to business problems
- Strong technical writing skills: the ability to write documents and other communications that are clear, concise and complete.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships (partner) with various business and systems partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly determine and (as needed) change priorities.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, high pressure work environment to meet project deadlines.
- The work of this associate will be directly supervised. As experience is gained and proficiency in required knowledge and skills is demonstrated, may be given more challenging and complex assignments and responsibilities.
- College degree, preferably in a math -related field, or equivalent work experience is recommended. Any work experience in the life insurance industry is a plus.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.