As a Senior Business Analyst on the Finance and Business Strategy team in Oracle Data Cloud (ODC), one of the fastest growing and most strategically important businesses for Oracle, you will partner closely with one of ODC's vertical sales teams (Retail, Automotive, CPG, etc.) to guide and support the business from a finance and business analytics perspective.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this role will be the go-to resource for the vertical sales team for all topics that require financial expertise, including but not limited to financial forecasting & analysis, business analytics, vertical analysis, revenue recognition, sales representative revenue attribution, scope & availability of financial data, and financial systems and processes. Success will require strong analytical skills, attention to detail, big picture perspective, self-motivation, solid communication skills, critical thinking, enthusiasm, and determination.
Key Responsibilities will include the following, but will evolve based on business needs:
• Establish and maintain strong working relationship with vertical sales team, becoming their go-to resource for all financial topics
• Create and deliver monthly management reports and dashboards to vertical leadership team with a focus on providing actionable insights
• Analyze, identify, and communicate trends and issues impacting the business on an ongoing basis and make recommendations
• Project manage and troubleshoot to resolution any vertical-specific data discrepancy issues identified within our business systems
• Manage and support weekly revenue forecast process
• Provide revenue recognition guidance to vertical sales team as needed
• Share best practices across peers and drive process improvement initiatives
• Assist with monthly close process as needed
• Perform other ad hoc projects as needed
Desired skills & capabilities:
• 5 years relevant work experience
• Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Self-starter who thrives working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for simplifying complicated analysis for key decision makers
• Detail oriented with the ability to maintain big picture perspective
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• MBA or BS/BA degree in Finance/Accounting/Business
• Located in Broomfield, CO
Performs budgeting, planning, and analysis activities for sales operations.
Performs budgeting, planning, and analysis activities for sales operations. Reviews capital expenditures and analyzes sales-related expenses associated with such things as the order pipeline, bookings, revenue forecasting, revenue reporting, sales productivity and goal attainment. Performs regular variance analysis for expenses and budgets. Evaluates pricing structures to ensure fit with company objectives. Effectively incorporates client delivery schedules and operational changes into future revenue forecasts and revenue timeline considerations. Maintains and enhances sales force automation systems, product/service costing models, and margin management tools/systems to effectively monitor and manage revenue/expenses. May develop sales quote tools.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.