Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Applies a structured approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit in the context of E2E cross divisional information flow
- Implements a discipline and approach to managing information assets and converting the principles of the architecture into a technology solution.
- Creates a framework for representing the data elements including the entities, relationships and attributes.
- Recognizes and resolves conflicts between models, ensuring that data models are consistent with the ecosystem model (e.g., entity names, relationships and definitions).
- Maps and models business processes and enterprise information specific to the business area.
- Maintains expertise in the direction of the business area, the specific challenges it faces, and the plans to advance business capabilities for the area.
- Identifies the information that the enterprise produces and consumes.
- Create current and future state enterprise information architecture, including subject area definitions.
- Creates user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and data flow, and navigation.
- Drive strategy for master data and reference data architecture through collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Develop the ecosystem-wide guidelines and standards for cataloging and maintaining data repositories. Maintain ecosystem-wide integrity of the data model by ensuring that data design and transformation procedures are implemented and followed.
- Define methods and tools for data movement and transformation in the company - this includes application, warehouse, data marts and partner managed systems requiring data interaction (SaaS, etc.)
- Designs search and navigation systems that connect users with the content and services they need.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience In global information architecture programs for complex business organizations.
- Good understanding of Data Governance
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse and BI techniques
- Able to deal with strategic, technical and change management issues
- Prior experience with architecture models and organizational levers for change
- Strong business acumen, and easy rapport with senior executives
- Able to think out of the box on situation dependent issues
- Communicates exceptionally; creating sound arguments for resolution
- Open and receptive to listening, and discerning pain points; Leads with ideas, evidence and creates and fosters a collaborative atmosphere
- Exposure to consulting industry preferred
- Experience in manufacturing and research related quality operations and GMP guidlines
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement