Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The individual in this role will be part of the Metrics, Analytics, & Performance (MAP) Team, whose primary mission is to support data-driven decisions in the Global Clinical Trial Operations Group.
- Responsible for identifying & coordinating primary and secondary stakeholders required to document business needs/requirements and assist in documenting.
- Collaborate with other Business Leads and Business Analysts within MAP to identify areas of overlap to ensure consistency
- Collaborate with Developers within MAP to determine the best method and views to deliver information to stakeholders in an organized, efficient manner
- Participate in external benchmarking surveys by identifying, collecting, and submitting required information
- Support teams/working groups by analyzing data and preparing reports for dissemination.
- Periodically review existing work to ensure tools, reports, views are still relevant to business needs
- Adhere to governance created to ensure MAP is working in an efficient and consistent manner
- Support departmental efforts to simplify and standardize procedures to the greatest extent possible, sharing best practices
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Pharmacy, Nursing, Biological Sciences, or health care related discipline.
- At least 3 years working on a clinical trial team or has worked in a clinical operations group in a cross-functional manner and understands the various steps in the lifecycle of a clinical study
- Familiar with the drug discovery process, ICH and GCP guidelines
- Familiar with how metrics can be used to drive strategic directives and/or process improvement initiatives
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Analytical skills (data interpretation and assessing impact on process)
- Customer oriented and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional manner.
- Good communication skills (written and oral communication). Must communicate effectively with stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization to share data and drive a change in culture with respect to metrics
- Must be able to prioritize competing priorities
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Technical knowledge should include:
- MS Office 2010 (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Access)
- Understands application development using rapid prototyping methods
- Shared Document Systems
- Experience using CTMS & analytic tools, such as Spotfire, Qlik, JMP as an analytic tools
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement