Senior Business Analyst - Digital Strategy
Senior Associate, Digital Strategy - Commercial Bank
With the rapidly changing digital landscape, we at Capital One believe it's key to be at the forefront of innovation. Capital One’s Commercial Bank has created a dedicated innovation team whose mission is to define new opportunity spaces and create a path forward to capitalize on opportunities via internal development, partnership or acquisition.
We are looking for an exceptional and innovative individual to join Capital One's Commercial Digital Strategy team that is defining and leading the company’s transformation into a great information and software company.
The Senior Associate of Digital Strategy will be responsible for establishing deep connectivity with the innovation ecosystem, determining the implications and potential for the Commercial Bank, and determining how best to mobilize around key opportunities.
As a Senior Associate of Digital Strategy, you will focus on overall strategy definition, identification and evaluation of new areas for investment, and supporting strategy execution across our lines of business. Areas of emphasis include technology capabilities (e.g., APIs, big data), exploration of emerging technology platforms and trends, and identification of new business opportunities.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Continuously monitor digital trends relevant to Commercial Banking, and assess threats/opportunities
• Package strategic and analytical insights into clear, concise and “executive-ready” presentations
• Review news, publications and engage with startups to understand
This team thinks strategically about entire industries to identify new sources of value for the company and builds the organizational momentum needed to seize breakout growth trajectories. This position will afford the right candidate extraordinary opportunities to spearhead Capital One Commercial Bank's transformation, creating and monetizing new opportunities at the intersection of technology and financial services.
This is a demanding and rewarding strategy role, where you get to work with some of the most forward-leaning and innovative leaders in the industry to define our company’s future direction. You need to be a great conceptual thinker and a student of the financial and tech world – constantly seeking to understand ongoing developments and their implications – excel in isolating signal from noise and communicating complex concepts in compelling and actionable ways to senior audiences, and not be afraid to roll your sleeves to understand critical details when needed.
You will have the liberty to define your own path to solutions, focused on results, not process. You will need to be highly proactive and self-driven, yet also be willing to take direction and respond to urgent requests when needed. Your strategic insights will drive tangible change and help lead Capital One through one of the most ambitious transformations in corporate America.
This is a brand new position we’re creating for the Commercial bank, so we’ll also be looking to you to help define how the role should evolve over time to create the most impact on our innovation agenda.
Here’s our ideal profile:
• Passionate about the technology-driven world and about how the financial services industry will be transformed
• Enjoy connecting with people and have relationships to the startup and venture community, including in the financial technology space
• Experience at a leading management consulting firm and/or within a top tier corporate strategy / venture capital group.
• Experience with strategy and innovation in technology, telecom, media, and/or financial services; start-up experience a plus.
• Best-in-class analytical capabilities: top-notch quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including PowerPoint).
• High motivation and self-direction, taking personal ownership for results and professional development.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize, thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• You don’t mind getting out and traveling 20-30% of the time
• Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative major (Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Statistics)
• At least 2 years quantitative experience
• At least 2 years qualitative experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.