Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to Walgreen third-party operations and programs. Responsible for developing business solutions for Pharmacy Services through business requirement collection and data analysis. Develops and presents specific recommendations to Pharmacy Services leadership team.Job Responsibilities
- Performs research, investigation, translation, interpretation, and analysis of Government program policies and websites to identify changes to policies and procedures, systems, or processes necessary for compliance.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of Intercom Plus systems usage, including working with developers on project design, investigating and analyzing causes of problems, defining and documenting project requirements and conducting analysis.
- Establishes and maintains documentation for all system and procedural related information that affects current processes and procedures.
- Develops operational procedures and business plans for stores and remote locations. Reviews new programs for operational feasibility.
- Suggests, designs, tests and implements new technology and procedures to improve store level compliance or efficiency.
- Determines, creates, and implements appropriate training and communications for program processes and procedures to all involved.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and industry practices pertaining to third-party operations, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for receiving and documenting questions, issues, troubleshooting requests, non-standard operations, and new business requirements from retail pharmacies, Health and Wellness business units, insurance carriers, PBM operations, and other corporate departments.
- Works on projects in strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning as it relates to Third-Party operations.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and three years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions; OR, High School Diploma/GED and six years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in Third-Party operations functions within a major pharmacy retailer.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Experience using Intercom Plus.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.