West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Business Director
Capital One is seeking a tenured leader as Senior Director for the Card Digital Marketingteam. In this exciting role, you will lead marketing activities for our Credit Card business focused on acquiring new customers through various digital media. The Senior Director will have end-to-end ownership from strategic agenda to flawless execution of digital marketing. S/he will also be responsible for developing, coaching and motivating a large cross functional team of over 100 people including Analysts, Brand, Creative, Technology, and a virtual team of agency and internal partners.
The Senior Director will embrace and embody the values of the Capital One organization, partner seamlessly with internal and external partners to deliver outstanding results. S/he will thrive working in a high-performing, analytical environment that encourages creativity and risk-taking.
The Senior Director will report to the VP of Digital Marketing and will serve on the leadership team of the Marketing organization. Other key relationships will include the senior management team of the card business and other senior executives in Capital One’s other lines of business, corporate strategy, digital labs, technology, risk and legal teams
- Lead all digital marketing for new credit card acquisitions across existing and emerging channels
- Manage nine-figure marketing budget with a focus on maximizing ROI and Brand equities
- Develop and lead high performing cross functional teams of 10-15 direct reports and 100+ matrixed partners (Analyst, Brand, Creative, Operations, Legal, Technology) to manage marketing programs
- Collaborate across Capital One to uncover, initiate and lead innovative marketing opportunities
- Work with product managers on strategic brand and business-building initiatives and investments across customer segments, products and channels
- Harness targeted insights to design and develop new customer experiences, breakthrough technology, and concepts for our broader go-to-market strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in direct to consumer marketing (B2C) with at least 4 years in digital marketing
- At least 4 years of experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Marketing, Communications or Business
- Master’s degree
- At least 10 years of experience in direct marketing and Brand management in a Business to Consumer (B2C) environment
- At least 5 years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on direct response
- At least 6 years of demonstrated leadership experience in building and managing teams
- At least 4 years of proven leadership of large brands and complex portfolio and channel strategies
- At least 3 years of work experience in retail or at least 3 years of work experience in technology or at least 3 years of work experience in financial services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.