Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting Senior Business Improvement Specialist in Lancaster, PA.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
- Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for my role and as appropriate for my role.
- Adhering to strict compliance with procedures applicable to my role.
- Exercising the highest level of integrity in the tasks that I perform.
- In a timely and prompt manner, identifying, reporting, and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace.
- Embracing a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- Promote an environment of employee involvement in the workplace.
- Seek prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace as noted by employees.
- Plan, facilitate/coach and/or lead high profile kaizen activities and other Continuous Improvement projects and initiatives.
- Own and/or support Business Improvement Programs or elements thereof.
- Develop, present internally and externally, and communicate key site metrics at an understandable and actionable level. Train others as needed to perform these metrics analyses and presentations.
- Work proactively to meet the operational goals.
- Support Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. and site vision and strategy.
- Support achieving the targeted process performance measures and business measures inclusive of but not limited to Efficiency, Changeover, Cost, CFR, Inventory, and OEE.
- Liaise with the Cross Functional Operations and QA Management at Lancaster and other plants to identify and share best practices.
- Identify cost improvement/process improvement opportunities.
- Provide data analysis as needed to support Quality Systems (Investigations, Consumer Complaint, and/or CAPA).
- Comply with all regulatory, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Mentor associates in developing continuous improvements skills through formal and informal means.
- Recognize employee process improvement efforts through facilitation of recognition process.
- Share and communicate ideas across other J&J sites.
- Act as a role model for employees and articulate J&J Values of Credo and Operational and Process Focus.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or Industrial Engineering.
- 4 years of overall business experience, with at least 3 years of experience directly in Operations is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ food/dairy/pharmaceutical manufacturing experience is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs is preferred.
- Experienced and highly fluent in Business Improvement/Process Excellence Methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Design Excellence).
- Ability to effectively present training for moderately to highly complex information/concepts to all levels of the organization, both formally and informally.
- Previous experience in leading projects and/or work team.
- Must comprehend manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Must have demonstrated strong verbal and written skills, and proven analytical ability, and be a strategic thinker with a proven track record of developing strategic plans.
- Ability to provide training and present highly complex information to all levels of the organization both formally and informally is required.
- Must be results and action oriented and able to deliver tangible benefits to the business with a participative management style, and able to build string partnerships with other functional areas.
- The ideal candidate must be a Critical thinker, adaptable to change and a change leader with a focus on Safety, Compliance, Customer Service, and Cost.
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Effective in Change Management
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID