The Cloud App Dev & Data team in C+E Marketing is at the center of transformational shifts in the industry, bringing differentiated and compelling experiences to market spanning App Innovation, Data & Insights and Artificial Intelligence. We are looking for a high-energy Business Manager to support our fast paced and exciting business and team.
As Business Manager, you will support the CVP and Chief of Staff in creating a thriving team culture with a highly effective leadership. You will work with the leadership team to set organizational priorities and focus areas and ensure our organization is a well-oiled machine, primed to turn on a dime and execute flawlessly.
Key responsibilities include:
• Gain deep understanding of the Cloud App Dev & Data (CADD) business, solutions and products and key audiences including developers, BDMs, IT Pros, Data Scientists, partners and ISVs.
• Look end to end across the business and create and implement processes to support our business priorities that drive efficiencies for the CVP, leadership team (LT) and organization.
• Manage LT rhythm of the business (ROB), including partnering with the Chief of Staff to set LT meeting agendas, track LT actions and drive to closure.
• Drive LT planning activities on a quarterly basis, ensuring our team is always focused on our highest priorities.
• Manage preparation and alignment of LT for key cross company marketing and engineering meetings and events.
• Manage team event planning and execution including All Hands and Morale events.
• Manage and optimize the CADD team budget in collaboration with Finance.
• Drive additional core business projects to close gaps in the business as needed.
• A team player with the leadership chops to take initiative, establish a plan and spark people’s best thinking and work.
• Ability to manage, influence and build rapport with stakeholders from a variety of functions and businesses at every level of the company.
• Shows the utmost discretion in the management of confidential corporate information.
• Ambitious, self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, multi-tasks and effectively manages priorities
• Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to think “big picture” and adept at translating information into insights that drive quantifiable business impact.
• Fastidious about meeting deadlines because you will be the hub of information.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• 7+ years Project or Operations management experience, preferably in marketing and/or engineering.
• Previous deep involvement driving rhythm of the business and/or planning processes.
• Previous experience leading project teams.
• Previous experience working with senior executives in fast paced, high pressure environments.
• Previous experience managing large budgets.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.