McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Business Manager
Senior Business Manager, Technology Strategy
The Technology Strategy team is the internal consulting team that supports the CIO and his leadership team in developing strategic technology initiatives to drive transformational business change. Some examples of the work that the team has driven include the annual Enterprise Technology Strategy presented to the Board of Directors, the Big Data strategy, and the Cloud Computing strategy. In addition, the team is assessing the opportunities and threats of emerging technologies like distributed ledger technology, advanced analytics/machine learning, the Internet-of-Things, and next-generation human computer interfaces.
As a Senior Manager on the Technology Strategy team, you will be:
- Meeting with senior business and technology leaders of the company to understand business challenges and priorities, and discuss potential strategic options
- Working with subject matter experts across the business and technology organizations to structure problems and develop solution options and recommendations
- Building qualitative and quantitative models to assess options, and estimate benefits as well as required investments for implementation
- Developing strategic ideas to leverage technology to solve business problems and enable new business opportunities
- Building storylines and presentations to socialize strategies and build consensus, in order to drive transformational change
- Conducting research on emerging technologies, and assessing their impact (opportunities and threats) on Capital One’s business
- Curiosity: You ask why, you explore, you want to learn and build deep expertise in technology as well as business.
- Creativity: You come up with unconventional ideas and are comfortable sharing them in larger meetings. You push the boundaries and don’t let yourself be constrained by the status quo.
- Problem solving: You are comfortable with ambiguity and can create structure where none exists. You have a proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on qualitative and quantitative analytics.
- Presence and communication: You have a strong presence and can communicate your ideas in a concise and compelling way.
- Influencing: You have strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Big picture thinking: You always have the big picture in mind, but you can also go deep to develop a sound implementation approach.
- Technology experience: Previous experience with technology strategy development, architecture, or technology delivery is a plus.
- Consulting or strategy development experience: Previous experience in consulting or strategy development is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
- 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.