Senior Business Planner
Are you interested in helping drive the strategic direction for the Cloud and Enterprise portfolio? We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with uncertainty, and tackling complex strategic questions with diverse stakeholders, to drive to clear recommendations.
Our team works with primary research, large-scale data-sets, and a great network of collaborators to inform business insights and recommendations. If you’re someone who’s passionate about understanding why people make the choices they do, we want to talk to you!
As a senior business planner in the Cloud Market Intelligence group you’ll be responsible for:
• Owning the sizing of the IaaS / PaaS and platform SaaS market
• Owning research projects to further develop and refine our understanding of the IaaS / PaaS and platform SaaS market
• Mining large scale data sets to drive insights and create actionable metrics
• Converting abstract concepts and ideas into tangible quantifiable analysis to support and inform engineering and marketing activities
• Driving strategic projects from inception to recommendation
• Communicating recommendations to senior leadership
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and socializing strategic initiatives with passion, precision, and excellence. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and leadership skills to drive projects and build executive buy-in and support.
• A minimum of three years in product marketing, finance, and/or consulting experience.
• SQL, or other data analysis skills, for mining large-scale datasets.
• BS/BA degree required; MBA or equivalent experience preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, natural origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.