Senior Business Planner
Dynamics 365 is a key investment area for Microsoft, combining an extensive portfolio of cloud business application technologies with the breadth and reach of the Microsoft Cloud in a way that no other provider can.
We are looking for an experienced senior business planner to define the business models and strategies that will attract ISVs to build solutions that grow the Dynamics 365 ecosystem, creating a win-win for Microsoft, its partners and its customers. You will lead a virtual team of passionate peers from R&D, marketing and partner teams, with accountability for developing and delivering the Dynamics 365 ISV monetization strategy. Specific projects could include developing innovative new business models for ISV solutions, evolving Microsoft’s business application marketplace strategy, and creating bundling strategies to drive adoption of other Microsoft Cloud services (e.g. Azure and Office 365).
If you are a strategic, analytical thinker who is passionate about technology, likes to solve hard problems and look for creative solutions, this is the role for you!
Core areas of focus for this role include:
• Lead the Dynamics 365 ecosystem business strategy
• Develop new business models to drive extensibility, usage and monetization for the Dynamics business and cross-company assets like Azure
• Identify new developer/ISV value creation opportunities
• Develop the Microsoft Commercial marketplace strategy
• Provide thought leadership on emerging developer/ISV trends and potential areas of growth for the Dynamics 365 business
• Analyze & understand developer/ISV needs, market opportunity and sales motions to inform strategy
• 5+ in product management / strategy / consulting / start up experience in technology sector
• A passion for technology and understanding of developers/ISVs
• Excellent problem identification, structuring and resolution
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; with ability to influence at the Corporate Vice President (CVP) level
• Excellent business analysis and strategic thinking skills
• Experience leading and driving decision making with diverse teams of peers
• Experience designing, developing and pricing new business models
• Ability to collaborate within and across groups at Microsoft including R&D, marketing and partner teams
• BS/BE with a technology or engineering background, MBA strongly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.