Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick, RI
The User Experience Designer we’re looking for will drive solutions and concepts from “idea” to “finished product” and help to improve every aspect of the platforms we develop & manage. He/she should have experience in the development of engaging digital user experiences and will be responsible for defining vision, scope and objectives for this capability within the organization. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Champion principles of usability and user-centered design while sharing knowledge and influencing within and across the organization.
- Help build a strong design culture while improving the design practice.
- Articulate user experience design issues effectively.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define the design vision and implement intuitive, seamless user interactions with our products and applications across multiple platforms.
- Confidently pitch ideas by utilizing web analytics data, consumer insights, market research and proven user-centered design principles in the creation of interface designs.
- Develop site maps, detailed navigation flows, use case scenarios, process flows and wireframes to effectively conceptualize and communicate interaction behaviors.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by driving usability testing and interpreting analytics data.
- Present findings and recommendations in a plan that drives future design improvements.
- Create conceptual designs and oversee the development of working prototypes using Invision.
- Conduct ongoing competitive reviews, provide leadership in the area of trends and user interface innovations, as well as, identify areas of opportunity.
- Proactively review, refine, and recommend new user experience concepts across web applications.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to align design and development goals, and ensure seamless execution.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 6-8 years of related work experience.
- Competency with design and prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch, Invision, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Holistic, human-centered approach to design.
- Thorough understanding of usability principles.
- Familiarity with technical considerations, SEO, and accessibility best practices for web design.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 35062