As a Business Manager/Chief of Staff in the Federal Services organization, you will have the opportunity to apply strategic thinking and innovative ideas to real-world business issues. You will deliver key business insight, planning, and analysis needed by senior leadership to develop strategy, deliver internal and external communications, and maintain operational rigor for this fast-growing professional services business. As part of a high performing team, you will deliver significant impact across the business with high visibility.
• Assist in driving the Rhythm of the Business planning and execution, including agenda and content. Plan the full-year business rhythm for the organization. Work closely with key services stakeholders, such as Finance & Operations for regular business reviews (monthly, quarterly, mid-year, fiscal year) planning, including executive memos, target setting, long-term growth planning, and special projects, as assigned.
• Assist senior leadership with business strategy. Synthesize business strategies and present viable recommendations to the senior leadership team.
• Track progress against strategic plan execution.
• Coordinate and prepare for business reviews, all hands meetings, customer, partner, vendor presentations and industry presentations, manager strategy meetings, and other key meetings.
• Partner with stakeholders across various teams to drive development and implementation of cross-organizational initiatives. Partners will include Regional Leadership, Finance, Operations, Sales, and Global Delivery.
• Provide oversight of the development and deployment of relevant and effective operational project reporting & business metrics. Coordinate generation of monthly scorecards; drive processes for the definition and creation of key performance indicators.
• Analyze forecasting variances from budget and assist in reconciling discrepancies.
• Conduct utilization analysis ensuring the business is on plan and review anomalies.
• Manage delivered backlog tracking and analysis, ensure that sales to delivered ratios are aligned based on burn rates.
• Plan and conduct market and industry analysis and drive communication of key insights.
• Track business objectives and drive scorecard attainment through working with internal finance and operations groups.
• Aggregate data and create presentations for internal weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews.
• Engage and direct multiple discussions across stakeholder groups. Participate and drive projects related to overall strategy decisions. Create the conditions for successful collaboration at the organizational level through information sharing, mutual benefit and ability to partner with others.
• Maintain relationships with peers inside and outside the team to ensure strong cross-group collaboration and connection with this organization as well as with Public Sector and Americas Enterprise Services Chiefs of Staff.
• 10+ years experience in finance and operational planning in consulting services.
• Applicants must be US citizens and hold (or be able to obtain) a DoD security clearance.
• Strong self-motivation and demonstrated project and process management .
• Problem-solving ability, especially in gathering data to drive decision making under stringent timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage ambiguity.
• Strong oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills .
• MBA or equivalent proven business experience.
• DOD experience a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.