Senior Business Program Manager
From end-to-end, Microsoft Customer Service & Support (CSS) is transforming the way we support our customers, and we want you to be a part of it! CSS is a dynamic, large global organization that delivers great customer experiences across all Microsoft products every day. In CSS, our vision and our promise is to drive customer success with a modern support experience across the customer lifecycle. We aspire to deliver seamless experiences with quality, speed and value by building self-healing into our products and services to prevent and automate issue resolution before customers experience a problem. We enable our transformation with telemetry, tools, readiness and business intelligence to drive successful outcomes for our customers. We know our customers and anticipate their needs across every stage of the lifecycle.
Given the scale and scope of the CSS business, we rely on delivery through major suppliers around the world. To our consumer and commercial customers, they are synonymous with Microsoft and we are accountable for ensuring that their performance is commensurate with that expectation. In order to do so, we need to identify new strategies around how we engage with these key partners to ensure deeper relationships, cultural alignment, innovation, and improved customer experiences. These strategies are only meaningful when brought to life – to do so, we are looking for a disciplined program manager to manage e2e execution.
The ideal candidate must be dynamic, self-motivated, proactive, and disciplined in working with senior leaders and across shared services. Strong communications skills, process development and problem-solving abilities, along with the proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly and escalate appropriately, will be essential in managing the variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead the Supplier Strategy Project ensuring that all project phases are executed successfully including :
o Planning: scope definition, resources, work plan identified, timeline, success metrics;
o Implementation : execution of all tasks defined in the planning phase;
o Control: compliance of deliverables to stated project requirements, monitor and measure outcomes and success metrics;
o Close: evaluation and acceptance of deliverables, and lessons learned for post-mortem creation.
• Ability build strong senior level presentation materials, communication plan and tell the story to drive action and provide project status updates.
• Ensure successful execution of each project and request, including driving any required escalation, resolution of resource gaps/dependencies while meeting all required change management controls
• Demonstrate leadership and influencing skills in priority setting and alignment of project and work priorities with business strategy and leaders across multiple areas/teams.
• Demonstrate judgment to mitigate risk. Foster an environment where risk/controls are anticipated and proactively addressed.
A successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
• Outstanding relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications
• Proven Project Management skills/ experience with track record in managing complex projects and programs
• Strong Organizational skills: set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
• Proven ability to understand change implications, anticipate and overcome barriers, and achieve results through individual and team efforts
• Strong Knowledge / Experience on Customer Service and Support organizations.
• 10+ years of focused program/project management
• PMP or six sigma certification
• Demonstrated success in deliverable documentation and communication
• 3+ years of leadership experience
• Global experience
• Excellent communications skills (written, verbal/presentation)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.