Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As a Lead Business Systems Analyst supporting State Street Global Advisor's Interactive and Enterprise Information Management group, you will provide functional analysis, and data, process and workflow specifications for asset management product and client information delivery systems. Working in a dynamic team environment, your projects will vary from tactical application improvements to strategic design and implementation for enhanced systems capabilities. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about mobile and web based digital transformation.
You will develop and document functional specifications for new applications and for improvements to existing applications:
- Build clear and open communication channels with business, technology, operations, and data management teams through interpersonal communications and through structured specifications and specification frameworks
- Work directly with internal business partners to solicit, define and finalize core business requirements
- Ensure project deliverables are clearly scoped, and specifications are articulate, complete and reflect the best ideas from project team members
- Craft specifications orchestrating complex global asset management data streams and define the transformation of financial data streams into clear information for institutional investors and their associates
- Design and participate in the creation of conceptual data models using ERDs, xml schemas and object oriented design patterns
- Analyze complex data relationships with SQL, Excel, MS Access, VBA, Pearl, Python or Java
- Help define digital asset management tools, infrastructures and services that help our end-users develop and deliver content appropriate to persona, region, language, SEO, tagging and entitlement management requirements
- Build convincing and empowering presentations and documentation in MS Word, Visio, Excel, database reports and PowerPoint
- Align written specifications with tactical and strategic business needs
- Work with Quality Assurance teams to provide fully qualified, testable specifications
- Provide input and seek clarification on test plans
- Contribute to the definition and implementation strategy of specification prototypes and to the SDLC
- Ensure software is developed within SSgA's information security standards
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Work with management teams to develop and perform other responsibilities as necessary
This role requires a Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years designing/building financial information systems, including proficiency in leadership, business and technical skills. Applicants are expected to have had prior developer, systems architect, or other technical role providing familiarity with core distributed systems architecture design patterns. Applicants will be familiar with content and data flows applicable to asset management reporting and data distribution systems.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.