Posted: January 25, 2017
Reference ID: 1959330356
Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search for an experienced Senior Buyer in Greenleaf, Id. This position is a temporary to hire job opportunity. The Senior Buyer is responsible for all aspects of procurement of materials and services, including interpretation of requirements, soliciting quotations, vendor selection, negotiation of relevant terms and conditions, and maintenance of records (in software and paper). The Sr. Buyer is also responsible for appropriate and professional interactions with suppliers and other stakeholders (internal and external) and for compliance with specified procedures and practices. Analytical skills are required in order to assess suppliers' competitiveness and performance, develop alternative sources, and evaluation of Purchasing's performance to budget.
- Review requests for purchase (BOMs, requisitions, PO Suggestions from MRP) to verify accuracy and completeness of product and commercial specifications as well as appropriate approval and account numbers.
- Provide guidance and oversee work delegated to junior members of department (Buyer, administrative staff)
- Solicit, analyze and negotiate vendors¿ proposals, including price, commercial terms, ability of product/service to meet KWCC specifications (technical and commercial), and select (or recommend) best supplier.
- Prepare purchase orders in ERP system and convey to suppliers. Comply with governing procedures regarding file maintenance and record retention.
- Expedite orders as needed to ensure timely material availability
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to resolve issues and errors:
- Accounting - price, quantity or other invoicing issues
- Estimating - assist in negotiations and vendor interactions
- Engineering - aid in ensuring accurate BOMs by providing feedback from suppliers
- Production/Operations - support schedules and assist in inventory management initiatives
- Perform periodic supplier evaluations to comply with ISO requirements and to improve supply base performance.
- Participate in periodic project financial performance reviews and determine causes of variances of actual vs. budget for purchased materials.
- Analyze/coordinate efforts to develop and implement strategic plans to drive procurement savings and supply base optimization.
- Be familiar with pertinent market place trends (material costs, labor issues, supply factors) to support effective vendor negotiations and supply protection.
- Support division and corporate procurement strategies and initiatives.
- Assist management in ensuring efforts are made to achieve department objectives efficiently.
- Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages.
- Ability to use Epicor ERP system.
- The candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge and understanding of basic contract law and inventory management principles.
- Current knowledge of market and industry practices and trends.
- Knowledge of materials related to electrical products.
- Clearly and professionally communicates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues throughout the organization, horizontally and vertically.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
Education, Training & Certification: Bachelor's degree preferred, Associates degree and/or sufficient experience in a related field will be considered.
Experience: Must have 2 years of experience in major goods and services purchasing or related function, preferably in a manufacturing setting. Experience with Epicor software is beneficial and purchasing of electrical components and/or construction purchasing a plus.
Go to www.adeccousa.com and click on Apply Now to be considered for this position or any other Receptionist related job opportunities with Adecco.
Adecco is an equal opportunity employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled