Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Senior Buyer Will:
• Manage all sourcing activities associated with the regional tactical spend and delegated spend in the region
• Manage supplier communications, including sourcing event invitations, issue resolution, pricing terms negotiations, and contracting
• Deliver cost savings, payment channel compliance and supplier optimization
• Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
• Selecting suppliers, verifying budget alignment, and confirming delivery of orders
• Perform supplier negotiations and process payment requests
• Execute sourcing events, evaluate results, communicate with suppliers on quotes, interface with contracting, and enable updates in ERP systems
• Receive, analyze, and resolve supplier inquiries, disputes, and payment discrepancies
• Perform one-off exception purchases, negotiate final pricing terms, and select suppliers based on singular demand
• Perform data analytics, forecast demand, and identify baselines for purchasing that meet prioritized business requirements
• Review contracts and amendments
• Determine requirements for contract creation, create contract, and leverage purchase order terms
• Prioritize and validate potential strategic options, determine the benefits cases for these options, and measure the performance against established KPI benchmarks
• Be responsible for all Regional Market knowledge for various categoriesQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, a concentration in Business, Finance, Accounting, Logistics, Engineering or related field is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of procurement experience is required
• Experience working in a shared service center is preferred
• Experience working in cross functional teams is required
• Indirect or Direct Procurement Experience is preferred
• Knowledge of Procurement processes is required
• Working knowledge of Procurement systems (e.g. ERP, SAP, etc.) is preferred
• Demonstrated effectively working remotely with business partnersPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.