Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Calibration Technician that will be based in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Calibration Technician will:
• Under minimal supervision, perform all responsible tasks necessary to operate, trouble shoot, service, adjust, and repair instrumentation and equipment supporting manufacturing processes
• Perform and coordinate the timely execution of routine and non-routine calibration activities associated with current general methods and procedures on production and facility instrumentation
• Evaluate and update calibration standard operating procedures
• Suggest and implement improvements to existing standard operating procedures for calibration methods and systems
• Develop extensive knowledge of the manufacturing process and equipment operation to help to identify calibration needs
• Ensure the calibration status of all measuring and critical manufacturing equipment
• Lead in establishing calibration and test methods for new and existing equipment
• Verify the completion of calibration test records, check reports on calibration failures and ensure that calibration activities are performed in a professional and efficient manner to minimize equipment and/or line down time
• Acts as the field lead for contracted calibration technicians and ensure their quality and productivity is consistently high
• Communicate & coordinate with customers and stakeholders regarding schedule and impact of work being performed
• Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations, the companies’ policies, procedures and guidelines ensure quality and compliance
• Be a Power User in the applicable systems and roles assigned including; Microsoft Office, SAP or ERP system as well as other relevant systems
• Lead training initiatives by acting as an SME and curriculum owner, partnering with training department to create training materials, act as a qualified trainer as well as participate in all trainings and ensure all training is completed on time
• Participate in investigations as required
• Manage documentation including; editing documentation, document process steps per documentation directives and document all activities per the GMP the requirements
• Act as an SME to less experienced personnel and provide leadership in absence of Supervisors
• Assist management through change and transformation activities.
• Facilitate departmental meetings, may assist in the coordination of other scheduled meetings and in absence of management, attends meetings on his/her behalf
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent is required
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in a medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry is required
• Proficiency in pressure, temperature, and time calibrations is required
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize with little supervision
• Must be able to work on multiple projects with accelerated timelines
• Excellent attention to detail, communication, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills are required
• Strong computer skills including but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
• Familiarity with basic Quality tools and techniques is preferred
• Ability to lead efforts aimed at the identification of problematic situations, the reporting of issues, and the development of resolutions and decision making is preferred
• Experience supervising teams is preferred
Candidates must be able to meet the physical demand of this position including; continuous walking, lifting and/or moving from 5 to 25lbs. weight material and frequent lifting or moving average (25-50) weight material.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.