The Senior Category Leadership Analyst is responsible for providing both fact and insights based solutions that will drive growth for category and market share growth with customers. Utilizes understanding of product assortment, price, placement, and promotion to drive insights that lead to actions, and that in turn, will help address both Frito Lay, and the customer's problem to solve.
Works closely with Category Manager to influence and guide decisions toward profitable category growth, expanding category insights partnership with the retailer, and reinforcing Frito Lay's position as the thought leader for the snack category.
- Identify, measure, and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Collaborate with retailer on Learning Agenda and lead account specific analytics.
- Provide support in development of insights to retail customers to support selling initiatives, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization.
- Complete ownership of the scorecarding, Pre/Post promo analysis, category assessment, market analysis, SWOT, strategic planning, and retail execution for all beverage categories.
- Collaborate with category/sales team in the areas of category and shopper Insights, assortment optimization, merchandising excellence and clustering initiatives.
- Complete ownership of space analytics and lead PoG commercialization projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years CPG Category Management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen preferred
- Experience with JDA and/or Apollo Space Planning software preferred
- Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects at once and able to prioritize/adapt quickly
- Requires a high level of analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills as well as great attention to detail
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, and able to utilize critical formulas and/or macros in Excel
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of personal motivation
- Multi-Channel experience preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.