The Global Data Center and Telecom Procurement, is seeking a Senior Category Manager (IC3) for Data Centre and Telecommunications services supporting Oracle's Cloud expansion. DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
The Global Procurement organization delivers sourcing, supplier management, and contract negotiation services to optimize spend and mitigate risk for Oracle. The Organization delivers these services globally in all countries where Oracle conducts business.
The Global Data Center & Telecom Procurement team manages regional and global initiatives that are designed to support Oracle data center, wireline, wireless, audio /video conferencing and remote access services. This is done in close collaboration with Oracle's IT and Cloud organizations. The team is managing about $400 in annual spend. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Position will have project lead role.
The Senior Category Manager, part of the Global Data Center Procurement team's job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgement and includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Leading and facilitating supplier contract negotiations (commercial and business terms) for Data Center and related Telecommunication services across all regions
- Managing existing contract portfolio for the above services
- Reviewing and dispositioning of supplier agreements inherited from Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activities for the above services
- Managing supplier performance through Oracle's Supplier Relationship Management Program
- Identifying, proposing, and implementing business process improvements
- Analyzing spend trends to identify cost savings opportunities
- Working closely with counterparts in all region relative to global strategies and initiatives
- BA/BS and a minimum of 3 years within a similar role
- Procurement experience including sourcing, cost/price analysis, contracting, and supplier management
- Demonstrated track record of complex contract negotiations (focus on commercial and business terms)
- Knowledge of the Data Centre and Telecommunication (wireline) industry is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of managing programs/projects, meeting deadlines, and driving business process improvements.
- Highly cultivated interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals both up and down the organizational hierarchy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on a regional, global, and/or virtual basis
- Work independently and demonstrate sound judgment under high stress, time critical deadlines.
- Confident, self-motivated, and driven to deliver business results
- Have strong organizational skills and be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and able to work effectively in team environment.
- Ability to deal with potentially confrontational situations with patience, diplomacy and tact.
***All Qualifications are preferred****
- Position will require limited travel, up to 10%.
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment, and services while ensuring the best quality at the best value.
As a member of Oracle*s International Electronic eBusiness Center, you will consolidate, negotiate and manage a regional supply base. interface between our regional subsidiaries, suppliers, and/or Corporate Finance team. Place, expedite, and status orders daily in accordance with Oracle*s Global Purchasing/Finance policy. Monitor the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned standard and nonstandard contracts. Manage supplier invoice holds. Analyze global spending trends and recommend cost saving opportunities. Identify, propose and initiate implementation of process efficiencies/improvements. May provide feedback to Product Development on product usability. May assist in training of new buyers and end users.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Extensive commodity knowledge, excellent written and oral communication, customer service, computer and negotiation skills, and ability to multitask. 5 year experience and BS/BA degree or equivalent.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.